Portugal gains 9 new Michelin Stars.
Yesterday Star hunters got more reasons to travel to Portugal. With the 9 new Michelin stars we have 26 stars in total shared between: Algarve 8, Lisbon (incl. Sintra and Cascais): 8, Porto: 5, Funchal 3, Alantejo 1, Amarante 1
Two venues, the Yeatman in Gaia and Il Gallo d’Oro in Madeira were awarded their second Michelin stars, and join the Ocean in Porces, Vila Joya in Albufeira and Belcanto and Lisbon as the country’s top restaurants in the famous red guide.
Seven restaurants were also awarded their first Michelin star at the ceremony in Girona in Spain and now join nine other venues on the exclusive list, for a total of 21 Michelin starred diners in Portugal.
Source: The Portugal News
- José Avillez of Belcanto, Lisbon
- Ricardo Costa at The Yeatman, Porto NEW
- Benoit Sinthon at Il Gallo d’Oro, Funhcal NEW
- Hans Neuner of Ocean, Algarve
- Dieter Koschina of Vila Joya, Algarve.
- Henrique Sá Pessoa at Alma, Lisbon
- Joachim Koerper at Eleven, Lisbon
- João Rodrigues at Feitoria, Lisbon NEW
- Alexandre Silva at Loco, Lisbon NEW
- Miguel Rocha Vieira at Forteleza do Guincho, Cascais
- Sergi Arola at LAB Sintra NEW
- Rui Paula at Casa de Chá da Boa Nova, Porto
- Vitor Matos at Antiquum, Porto NEW
- Pedro Lemos at Pedro Lemos, Porto
- Miguel Laffan at L’And Vineyard, Alentejo NEW
- André Silva at Casa da Calçada, Amarante NEW
- Rui Silvestre at Bon Bon, Algarve
- Willie Wurger at Willies, Algarve,
- Henrique Leis at Henrique Leis, Algarve
- Leonel Pereira at São Gabriel, Algarve
- Luís Pestana (under the signature of Joachim Koerper) at William, Funchal NEW